Jennifer Honeycutt
    Invité

Granted
    by Mary Szybist

🔰 Granted · Read More 🔰

• Author: Mary Szybist
    • ISBN: 9781882295371 (1882295374)
    • Publisher: Alice James Books
    • Awards: Great Lakes Colleges Association New Writers Award for Poetry (2004), National Book Critics Circle Award Nominee for Poetry (2003)
    • Genres: poetry
    • Language: english
    • Release date: April 1, 2003
    • Format: paperback, 58 pages

About The Book

Using natural, biblical, and classical imagery, these poems explore the difficulties of faith and love — particularly the difficulties of their expression, their performance. Moving between dramatic and interior monologue, and moving through intersecting histories, the ambiguities of inwardness and the eros of wakeful existence, these poems search for relationships with self, others, the world and God that are authentic — however quirky or strange.

« This is poetry of a rare fine delicacy. Its very modesty testifies to a great ambition — to overcome by the quietest of means. » — Donald Justice

In Tennessee I Found a Firefly

Flashing in the grass; the mouth of a spider clung

to the dark of it: the legs of the spider

held the tucked wings close,

held the abdomen still in the midst of calling

with thrusts of phosphorescent light—

When I am tired of being human, I try to remember

the two stuck together like burrs. I try to place them

central in my mind where everything else must

surround them, must see the burr and the barb of them.

There is courtship, and there is hunger. I suppose

there are grips from which even angels cannot fly.

Even imagined ones. Luciferin, luciferase.

When I am tired of only touching,

I have my mouth to try to tell you

what, in your arms, is not erased

« This is poetry of a rare fine delicacy. Its very modesty testifies to a great ambition — to overcome by the quietest of means. » — Donald Justice

MOBI Granted Mary Szybist. Hardback book Granted read online Android on Audible. PDF ebook Granted download on Kindle. TXT Granted by Mary Szybist buy cheap on IndieBound. Paperback ebook Granted read.

Hardcover book Granted Mary Szybist for iPad on Powells. Online book Granted by Mary Szybist download Mac. MP3 Granted buy on Walmart. FictionBook ebook Granted Mary Szybist buy on Amazon. FB2 Granted for reader.

EPUB book Granted read online. MP3 ebook Granted by Mary Szybist download on PocketBook on Booktopia. EPUB ebook Granted by Mary Szybist download on PC on Barnes & Noble. Hardback book Granted buy cheap. MOBI Granted read on Book Depository.

#12647 Répondre

batteryregeneration
    Invité

Live to Tell | Wendy Corsi Staub | 9780061895067

2 sujets de 1 à 2 (sur un total de 2)
Répondre à : (FB2) Granted by Mary Szybist · 9781882295371
Vos informations :